Can I just take a moment to tell you about the best cookie in the whole wide word?
DISCLAIMER: I'm not much of a cookie person. Not that into Oreos or even chocolate chips. But this is a whole other story. Believe me when I tell you these are the best cookies EVER.
My co-designer, Mel, made these a few months back and shared one with me. By "one" I mean "one" monstrosity of a cookie which actually adds up to be about 3+ cookies. :) That's the first thing I love.
The second thing I love is that it's the easiest recipe and the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten (even sans the Oreo). My whole family agrees.
Well, I've been thinking about making these ever since I had that first "one." I've started a few times ... only to get busy making cakes and such. Then I decided to make them last week and pulled out all of the ingredient only to find we has used all of the butter. Fast-forward one day and 2 sticks of butter and I realize we are out of vanilla. Hm. If you're gonna make the best cookie in the whole wide world, you had better make it right. One more day later ... I made these beautiful chunks of goodness.
And right next to me, my sister made another batch, but with mini-Oreos. Brilliant! Then you don't have to eat all three cookies in "one" ... although I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to. :)
Ok, enough talking about them. I just want everyone to walk away from this post understanding how good these are and makes time in their busy schedule to stop at the grocery for ingredients (ALL of them!).
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Picky Palate via Amandeleine
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package Double Stuff Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes about 2 dozen enormous cookies.