Here is another easy do-it yourself valentines idea. And this one can be paired with the literary quote mug valentines. You didn't plan on handing them an empty mug, did you? ;)
I'm going to call this Grandma's Favorite Stir-in Hot Cocoa because my grandma loves it!
Supplies you will need:
- Melting chocolate for candy-making (I used Wilton, but I've since found out you can get Ghirardelli's — there's a no-brainer!)
- Candy-canes or peppermints
- Red cellophane wrapper, string, valentines tag
All of these supplies may be found at your local craft store.
Do it yourself:
1. Use bag instructions to melt chocolate into candy molds.
2. Stick lollipop sticks into each mold.
3. Put candy-canes or peppermints in zip-lock bag and crush into small pieces. Sprinkle on top.
4. Let chocolate set according to bag instructions
5. Remove from molds and wrap in red cellophane. Finish with a bow and valentines tag.
Of course, you can customize these as much as you like. A few ideas: heart shaped molds, white and dark chocolate swirl, mini-marshmallows on top, caramel swirl ... enjoy!
pictures by sarah fritzler